Monday, August 2, 2010

bring on the 6th graders :)

so, as most of you know, i just returned from the fair. or for you non-fairgoers, neshoba. i have been spending my birthday at the fair for the past 22 years. the fair is most definitely my favorite place on earth. the red dirt, good food, horse races, friends, family, late night porch talks, dancing, and awesome country music entertainment make the fair the best week of the year. but if you have ever been, you know one week is just enough time to get your fair fix in for a whole year. i will miss it terribly, but i am so glad to be home and back in my routine. while at the fair i celebrated my 22nd year. i must say, i do feel a little older. i guess that is because i know i will not be starting classes in a couple weeks. i celebrated my bday with emily, brette, anna, mawmaw, haley, and samantha (luke and brittany, and many more were greatly missed). my bday included a day at the horse races, chair racing, first row seats to the luke bryan show, and late night dancing at the square. thank you to all of my wonderful friends and family that made my bday one of the best ones yet. i love you all.

well on a much different note...I GOT A JOB! i had an interview at Northeast Madison Middle School this morning at noon, and got the call at 330. i am absolutely overjoyed. i never thought as a first year teacher i would be working with Madison County Schools. i will be teaching 6th grade math. i feel so blessed to have been given this opportunity and cant wait to start work. i am going to see my classroom tomorrow, and finalize some paper work. friday is new teacher orientation and monday and tuesday i have district wide staff development, and finally, on wednesday, i will get to meet my students. i will try to post again early next week. i will very busy from now until my kiddos come. this week i will be running errands for school, and i leave friday for gulfport to watch the beautiful kim callahan become mrs. best. its going to be a beautiful wedding, and awesome party and reunion. until next time.
emma

No comments:

Post a Comment